Backend and Data Engineer
We are looking for a Developer with Windows knowledge that will help us bring our product to the next level.
We are looking for enthusiastic and pragmatic team members that are keen on adding value in a small but ambitious team, where every voice counts!
Aigent is scale-up, building technology to assist customer support agents to reduce call handling time and increase customers satisfaction with faster and better responses. We're building the future of the call centre industry with exciting software to assist customer service agents handling complex voice calls. With real-time natural language processing and sentiment analysis we deliver call centre agents and their managers real-time support for handling their ongoing calls.
...iterate and do the smallest thing possible to get it out as quickly as possible:
We don't write large plans, only the first step. We trust that we'll know better how to proceed after something is done. We're doing it right if we're slightly embarrassed by the minimal result in the first iteration. In the beginning, it hurts to make decisions fast and to see that things are changed with less consultation. But frequently, the simplest version turns out to be the best one and you learn on real results and not assumptions and “gut-feeling” what’s next. This is explicitly not limited to software development but applies also to things like processes, security, partnerships, marketing and sales.
...are bold and responsible:
At Aigent we act bold and fearless and we don’t wait for others to take action. There is no ‘somebody else’s problem’ and if we see a problem, we fix it. Instead of asking for permission, we ask for forgiveness if our changes break something.
...are disruptive but seek harmony:
We are a diverse team not only in nationalities, but also in personalities and opinions. We embrace the value we gain through this. Everyone has the responsibility to challenge existing approaches throughout the company, nothing should be safe of criticism or questions. We value and welcome different perspectives, it’s what makes us authentic! This approach only works with empathy and patience. We assume only the best intentions from our peers. We make sure others understand what we’re trying to say, and ensure we understand others by using active listening.
...bring new ideas and use boring solutions:
The result counts! We use any means necessary to solve a problem; our toolbox includes anything from ugly solutions and dirty hacks, to using new technologies and coming up with innovative ideas. We keep in mind that technology is a tool, not a goal. We don’t stay in our comfort zone and learn (and try!) something new every day. We work smart, not hard.
...stick to the vision and listen to the customers:
Aigent’s goal is to help agents in real time during voice conversations and we keep this in mind whenever we work on our product and technologies. That means we are conscious on what we choose to work and on what we don’t work; we always strive to improve the experience for our end user with any change. We listen to the customer and the market to make sure we are adding maximum of value to our customers.
We are very ambitious and we have to move forward fast. We work on a variety of ambitious projects, developing services to stream and analyse voice in real-time and co-design our backend architecture to deliver a flexible and fast changing product. We challenge each other and have freedom to test, learn, improve and to be innovative every day. We look into new technologies, analysing in-depth state-of-the-art and experimental technologies to find the best possible solutions fitting our needs best. We are looking for you as a creative, passionate person who is ready to push the boundaries in all areas.
5+ years of experience in developing high scalable data pipelines and services
- Professional problem solver, pro-active, team-worker, rigorous and 100% result-driven
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with confidence and maturity
- Smart, creative and practical at the same time
- Outstanding engineering talent proven by great results and open source contributions
- Strong understanding in facilitating complex foreign APIs
- Experienced with data streaming (Kafka, Storm, Spark Streaming, ...)
- Experience with SQL databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, ...)
- Experience with Column-based storage (Clickhouse, Cassandra, ...)
- Experience with Document storages (ArangoDB, MongoDB, CouchBase, ...)
- Experienced in more than one programming language, preferably Scala and Python
- Experienced in using Kubernetes in a private cloud setup
- Experience working with RESTful APIs, event-driven- and generally service oriented architectures
- Experienced in developing state-less software
- Experienced in highly distributed applications
- Experienced in using GIT and Continuous integration / Deployment, preferably Gitlab CI/CD knowledgable
- Experienced in working iterative to deliver quick results fast and work on the bigger picture step-by-step
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools (Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, ...) is a plus
- Knowledge about Machine Learning applications is a plus
- Passionate about technology, new software and working with people and data!
- Implementing the first building blocks of our future AI/ML technology
- Result and performance driven implementations
- Prove viability of the solution through mechanisms like proof-of-concepts or prototypes
- Education and technical guidance for other engineers and management
- Working in close collaboration with product management, backend engineers and machine learning engineers
- Improving our technologies with in-depth knowledge and constructive feedback
Ok. Last thing...
If you are still not sure, or still scared or feel that you don't meet 100% of the requirement, apply anyway! We don't hire off of keywords. We hire real living people who have voices; who are willing to learn what you need for your career growth. Yes, we want to hear from you! If you are ready, join our exciting and game-changing journey as a backend and data engineer, click on the "apply button" and we'll get in touch with you soonest as possible.